Wednesday, March 14, 2012

In the Beginning...


            I hear all the time that you can’t be a geek if you’re not into computers.  Let me put this into two simple ideas for those people:
1.      I am a geek.
2.      I am a technophobe.  Well, I wouldn’t say exactly technophobe, since I am sitting here at a computer tying this…but I do have a tendency to destroy any computer in a ten yard radius.  Just call me Harry Dresden. 
I am the most eclectic person you will ever meet.  I have a tendency to write
whatever I’m trying to figure out at the time, whether it’s the plot to a stupid movie, a song in my head, a new chapter for one of the many stories I’m always  writing in my head or, god forbid, stream of consciousness.  Always a scary proposition, that…you don’t want to know what’s really going on in there.
            So what kind of geek am I?  The kind that loves comics and anything to do with them.  My favorite ones are those that have primarily strong-willed female characters (such as Birds of Prey) although I will always love what brought me to the genre in the beginning—Batman and X-Men.
            I’m also a bookwyrm.  Right now I’m reading A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin, the third in the Song of Ice and Fire series (or the Game of Thrones books, thanks to HBO’s brilliant show based on them).  I love the character of Arya, though Tyrion is growing on me quite rapidly.  Read them, you’ll understand why.
            So.  Just a beginning into the wonders of me.  Stay tuned…you never know what lies ahead…

1 comment: